By Pete Guither
With Thanksgiving over, the Christmas shopping season is in full swing (of course it started some time ago much to my annoyance, with Christmas displays going up in stores in September!).
I thought I’d give you my own suggestion for Christmas presents: buy hemp. It’s a really good idea for a number of reasons.
Now it is true that hemp products can be a little more expensive than other products, but here’s a few reasons why it’s worth it:
- Hemp products are quality products (the food products are more nutritious, clothing products are more durable, body products are more healthy, etc.)
- Hemp products are good for the environment
- When you give hemp products, you have the chance to educate others on the value of industrial hemp while giving them something they’ll really like.
- Every time you buy hemp products you’re sticking it to the DEA, which has unsuccessfully attempted to block many of them.
- You are contributing to the development of a potentially huge industry that could help to shape the country’s views on the cannabis plant.
To find a physical store near you that sells hemp products, you can try the Industrial Hemp Products Retail Stores Directory.
Of course, you can always just Google hemp products, or hemp foods, or hemp clothing and get tons of options. If you want to make sure they’re a responsible company, you can check to see if they’re one of the Hemp Industry Association member sites.